Saturday, May 15, 2010

Colour Carnival #50


While in Kuching I took the opportunity to visit the famous Satok Weekend Market. This is where you can find local traders from different ethnics in Sarawak selling their local products and jungle produces. It's heaven for budding photographer like me, I keep on clicking here and there..It was a huge place selling all sorts of things that some you can't find anywhere!! Here are some local produces sold there and let me tell you, the price is out of this world!! Sarawak is in the East Malaysia and I'm living in West Malaysia which makes it almost impossible to buy all these :) But I love this place nonetheless..


10 comments:

  1. Your pictures remind me of our favorite "pasar malam" when we were living in Malaysia. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the vegetables being sold there, you can never find it here in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Fini -- I love Farmer's Markets. and what wonderful varied selection you have there. I'm on the computer here before breakfast and now I am hungry! Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that kind of markets! Everything is fresh and sellers are often very nice and talkative... :)

    Happy and colorful CC weekend!
    Greetings from Casa, Morocco!

    BLOGitsePHOTOS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture reminds me of Philippines. Love it! Happy weekend!

    Color Carnival

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go there too, not only to take photos, but let's do some shopping!! Thank you and visiting for the CC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are looking good there! Beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really delicious pictures on all the fresh food !
    I just love strolling around on market places like that when I´m abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could you not love it! Yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful photo! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails